HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, January 29, 2009

We have the worst post office on the planet

It appears that the post office is not delivering the forms for the Gifford Lane Art Stroll because the forms have been addressed to Gifford Lane Art Stroll and not the person's name who is on the po box.

So the new address is for the forms is: Lisa Pardales, P.O. Box 331675, Miami, FL 33233, which is actually the same address, the only difference is Lisa's name is on it now.

If you've sent in a form and received it back, please send it in again. If you need another form, please email me and I'll email the form back.

The actual address was the SAME post office box number, but because it said "Gifford Lane Art Stroll" they would not put it in box 331675, which is Lisa Pardales' po box. Guess the actual name has to go with the actual box number. So why does everyone get junk mail in their po boxes addressed to occupant and box holder and no names at all, just the po box?

Does the Grove post office even know that Gifford Lane is a block behind them? Probably not. They don't care to be part of our community. Reminds me of these embassy's in other countries that are just their own little world and they have no interactions with the natives.

They couldn't find the gallery two blocks down when I sent a Christmas card last month. It had the actual gallery name address and zip code, but it came back occupant unknown. They are on the same street -- Grand Avenue -- two blocks down. Why is this post office allowed to operate like this? Or not operate. Lazy asses.

When we went to send out the Mail Art on January 20, they refused to hand cancel the envelopes. I know for a fact they will hand cancel them at the Gables and Coral Way and 17th Avenue branches. This happened to another person, too, they called me to complain about it. As if I could make the post office staff actually do their jobs. Nah, never gonna happen in the Grove branch.

We have the worst post office. The powers that be in Washington are planning to shut down one extra day per week in the coming year. Do us all a favor, shut down the Grove Post Office seven days a week and put them all out of their misery.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true the most inefficient post office in Dade County . Ever gone in on A Saturday AM definite 20 minute wait . With one window open...Last time I want I asked for the.manager he came out from the back About 4 of Us in line asked Him to open another window He said sure with a sly smile on His face went in the back and no one ever showed up to open another window. it took 27 minutes jsut to mail a Cd .....

January 29, 2009 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the PO yesterday to mail a few things. 2:00 pm- 1 person working while the other 2 strolled around. I got so angry I walked out as well as 4 other people. they could have cared less about the 10 people in line.

I absolutly hate going to this post office as it makes me angry with the lack of customer service that I recieve every time!

Though I must say that I love the mail carrier to our business in the Grove!

January 29, 2009 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At my home I get a different delivery person every day and get my mail delivered at different times - anywhere from mid morning to mostly 3-5pm. They are not familiar with the addresses, they pay no attention if you have outgoing mail, if someone has a forwarded address, THEY JUST DON'T CARE. We have 6 people in our complex and they always mix the mail up even with a small number of addressses.

January 29, 2009 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon 11:59am you are lucky you get mail. Our neighborhood either gets our neighbors mail or opened and read personal mail or no mail at all. They can't read and they should not have these cushy government jobs.
All: contact via email: edward.byrd@usps.gov (manager at our lovely grove office)
Or call Ed Coppola the Postmaster General for our area with your complaints 954-935-5215
If they receive enough complaints things will have to change!

January 29, 2009 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I dont know if anyone else has this happen, but our postmen never pick up mail, if they have none to deliver. I can raise the red flag all I want, if they have no mail for me, they'll just skip me, and my outgoing mail for another day -

January 29, 2009 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told by one of the mailmen too, that it isn't their job to pick up the outgoing mail and he was doing me a "favor" by doing it for me.

I pay my bills on line now and use UPS or FedEx.

January 29, 2009 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is true that the service desks are very slow moving and understaffed, the wait at this post office is very long, every time, I do not blame the staff, they are very hard working and continuously working, they do not get any help and the place does not seem to be well managed, it is run like a post office I visited in Turkey when vacationing there in the summer. I like the new APC (Automated Postal Center) machine they have installed, especially when there is no line for that as well. Now if they had more of those machines installed and the lobby was open 24 hours a day, then that would be a nice move for everyone, but when I asked about the 24 hours access to PO boxes and the APC I was told by an official that they worried the bums would congregate there at nights; with the BID in place and hopefully with the promised added police and security patrols then that would not be a problem anymore and we can have a 24 hours post office lobby like many other neighborhoods in Miami. Well, let's hope, wish and pray, since asking the officials does not have any results.

January 29, 2009 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you posted this...I just went to the post office today. I usually go in there on average once a year. The only reason I was there, was to pick up a package sent through priority. At least 10 people in line and only 1 guy working. There were 2 other women walking around in the back. Most of the customers in there were doing simple stuff like buying a stamp or mailing out a basic letter or package. I wanted to yell and them and say go to the UPS store. That's where I go for EVERYTHING. I don't have a PO Box or anything so I'm never in there thank god. GO UPS STORE OR KINKOS---ANYTHING!!!

January 29, 2009 5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow just after all these post I got my next door neighbors mail today. So far we cannot find who got ours but we are checking. I called Ed Byrd directly to make a complaint again 305-529-6700. 4 pieces of my neighbors mail!

January 29, 2009 6:02 PM  
Blogger 'Zann said...

I have a fond memory of getting a piece of mail from my mother back in the early 70s when I lived in the Grove. She couldn't remember my address and addressed it to me at:


Behind the Recorder Workshop
near the corner of 27th Avenue and Bird
Coconut Grove, Florida


It arrived just fine.
Sounds like that wouldn't happen these days in the Grove. (and probably not in a lot of places!)
Zann Carter

January 29, 2009 7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to weigh in on this. as I am a member of the IUOMA I was astounded when I found out that my Inaugural mail lovingly created and destined to foreign lands with Uncle Sam stamps could not be hand cancelled.
They held up a piece of paper and said see.
Well today I requested a copy of it. No where does it say DO NOT, never, nicht, nine, nyet.
It discusses the appropriate use of the color of ink. I admit the language is obtuse. However , in first paragraph
line two "can be used"
line three "should always be used"
line four "should be used for"
last line in paragraph "ink should always be used". It goes on into paragraph 2 and 3 then basically says use the right ink and if one stamper is not available use the other devise.

January 29, 2009 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please explain IUOMA?
Thanks

So is the end result that the Post office could have hand canceled? The Grove PO is like that commercila the answer is always a nasty NO. Oh yes and the customers are always WRONG!

January 29, 2009 9:43 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

International Union of Mail Artists. IUOMA.

January 29, 2009 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never lost letters. There is a wait just about every time I go in, but relax, enjoy and take the time to think of something positive.

January 30, 2009 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's OK to send BACTERIA to Cuba", that's what the big sign on the wall next to the waiting line says.

I guess it's a poor translation of "It's OK to send BATTERIES", human error, fine. The curious part comes when the post office employees, one after another in different occasions, after being -nicely- told, look at you as if you are from Mars. It's not that silly -rather funny- mistake, it's the lack of acknowledgment and care for the public's input.

Things you would have never noticed in a brief line...

Thanks Grapevine!

January 30, 2009 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home