HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Mail Art arrived right on schedule

I sent three pieces to the Windisch-Hunt Gallery for the Mail Art exhibit. I was glad to see all three arrived, when I mailed a Christmas card this past season, it was returned addressee unknown.

Luckily this time around Alfredo was the mailman in charge and he made sure the mail was delivered.

You still have time to get the Mail Art in. Details
here.

mail-art1
Today, lots of Mail Art went out. AnnaMaria brought a bunch of mail art, many Obama-themed, to the post office, where they were post marked with today's date, January 20, 2009.

Talk about first class mail. This is first class mail art. Sure to be a collector's item for those who receive them, many local, many going to Europe.


mail-art2

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for running these photos. I must have the happiest mail man. He came in again today with a wonderful array of arty envelopes. Said he was the envy of his co-workers plus he downloaded this blog for his mother. It certainly beats the blues of seeing only bills. One of the inaugural envelopes I sent yesterday to the gallery arrived this morning. Now that is service and a wonderful :)
To all your readers log into the daily oneearsocietyblog and see the Art-Mail

January 21, 2009 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the Coconut Grove Post Office to mail my "mail art". After waiting several minutes, the clerk refused to accept one of my envelopes, saying that it was too small. I had downloaded a template from the internet and thought it was the correct size. She was a bit rude and wouldn't even give me the dimensions of the minimum size. I had two envelopes. One going to another address. She said they don't hand cancel envelopes. No explanation offered. I took my envelopes to Coral Gables. The line was quicker, the employee was helpful and gladly hand canceled the envelope for me. In my opinion, all post offices should be able to do this. Whatever happened to good customer service?

January 31, 2009 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home