HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Did you feel the earthquake?

I was sitting here typing away on my desktop computer, when it started swaying. I thought I was imagining it at first. I didn't look up to see if the blinds or other things were moving, I just noticed the monitor. It was shaking, sort of like when you shake your leg as a nervous habit - I thought I was doing that and making the desk shake.

I was at home in my home office.

At first I thought it was my neighbor upstairs on his treadmill or something. Then I thought it might be the construction crew down the block. When they first started the job a couple of years ago, each time they drilled in the pylons, it shook the buildings in the neighborhood, we are on landfill. Lamps swayed, things shook, so I thought it was that.

But I realized they were almost done with the job so it probably was not them. Then I thought, "An earthquake? Could it be an earthquake? Nah."

I ran to the back balcony and looked out into the water, thinking someone was working out in the bay, again, maybe installing pylons. Nothing there, and then it popped up all over my Facebook feed that it was the residual effect from the earthquake between Jamaica and Cuba. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your first earthquake? Cause for a celebratory "we are OK" party or drink.

January 29, 2020 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure enough, looked it up and there it was. A tectonic plate cutting Cuba in half. Hugging the SE side of Cuba for about 150 miles. Calls for a rum & coke w/lime.

January 30, 2020 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised the moronic marxists havent started attributing it to the fallacy that is man made climate change.

January 30, 2020 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Don't insult the motherland here in North Cuba with Carollo in charge.

January 30, 2020 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home