HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, May 08, 2015

We're 10!

The Coconut Grove Grapevine is 10 years old today! Crazy. I remember when it first started in 2005, I had a premonition or feeling that it would go 10 years and here it is, 10 years later.

Check out all the stories - almost 12,000 stories - in the archives in the drop down menu to the left. Just randomly choose a month and year and see what pops up, it's fun to see the Grove news over the past 10 years, all chronicled there. 


The first ever post is here, posted at 1:50 pm on May 8, 2005. The second post is here, putting down Home Depot, calling them "smug bastards." And on May 10, 2005, here, I was bitching about over-development in the Grove. Some things never change.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Deborah said...

Congratulations, Tom. Reading the Grapevine is part of my daily routine. I always look forward to seeing what's up.

Thanks for your hard work, and devotion to the Grove. It is a special place, no matter what all the nay-sayers think. It's the only community I want to live in.

Here's to at least ten more years!

May 08, 2015 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, you are an incredible community asset. Thanks.
Bob Coultas

May 08, 2015 11:42 AM  
Blogger rafael gutierrez said...

And thanks for remind us we're 10 years older too...happy anniversary!

And thanks for keeping us "connected"...cheers to "freedom of the press!"

And a toast to another 10 winding years!

May 08, 2015 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Nan Lichty said...

Only been here for about 2 years and find the Grapevine so informative and helpful for the news and happenings. Thanks to you for all the hard work!!

May 08, 2015 3:09 PM  
Anonymous Hank Sanchez-Resnik said...

I've been living in the Grove just 2 years, and the Grapevine is part of my life. Couldn't do without it. Thanks, Tom, for everything. How about a big party?

May 08, 2015 4:12 PM  
Anonymous Peter Laird said...

Congrats, Tom! Glad you stuck with it.

May 08, 2015 4:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!! Keep us informed. .

May 08, 2015 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Gabriel Mendoza said...

Congratulations Tom!

May 08, 2015 5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, you are always a fun read and he is wishing you many more years.
Jav

May 08, 2015 5:51 PM  
Blogger Melissa Dynan said...

Congrats, Tom. Many thanks for Grove news- and beyond. Salud.

May 08, 2015 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Liz Gibson said...

rom May 2005

I just found your site today on Craigslist, and wanted to let you know that I appreciate your comments concerning the Old Grove vs the New Grove. I have lived here for many years, even before it was popular. I have witnessed the many changes. Since I recently retired from my County job, I will now have more time to become active in trying to stop this overdevelopment. I actually live in South Grove in the same house where I lived as a child. I probably have seen you at the many places I go. Flannigans,which I still call The Loggerhead, Berries, Scotties Landing. Keep up the good work. I love your blog.





Liz has left a new comment on your post "Welcome":



Mr Grape, my friend. I can't believe that was me posting the response to what appears to be your first post I didn't realize that I had done that.

It fits my MO Im glad I did it Still love your blog Liz Gibson

May 08, 2015 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Madeline Kraskin said...

Yay! Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

May 09, 2015 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Falco! Here's hoping to another 10 years!

Cheers!

May 09, 2015 10:42 AM  
Anonymous MrCoconutGrove said...

Congrats Grapevine! Tom, I love reading your blog even though I moved out of the Grove over 10 years ago. Coconut Grove Miami is an amazing neighborhood - thanks for fighting to keep it so!

May 09, 2015 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home