HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to the first entry into the new Coconut Grove Grapevine blog. I got the name from an old newspaper, I think from the early 1980s. It was a monthly Grove newspaper fashioned after the even older Grove Daily Planet.

The good part about the blog is that we can add news daily and it will always be fresh.

I would like to invite everyone with Grove news and events to feel free to email it to us. We would like to share upcoming events and news in and around Coconut Grove. You can share your photos, too. We don't plan on getting out of hand with bunches of photos and posts, and most daily posts will be a few lines of info or gossip that we feel is worthy.

Today is Mother's Day, so we wish all Mom's Happy Mother's Day. We will get down to Grove Business tomorrow.

One thing that we feel very strongly about is the Home Depot Issue. Please, if you have not already signed the petition or looked into the issue, do so here http://www.thegrovefirst.com

Thank you. And welcome to the Coconut Grove Grapevine.



YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your site today on Craigslist, and wanted to let you know that I appreciate your comments concerning the Old Grove vs the New Grove. I have lived here for many years, even before it was popular. I have witnessed the many changes. Since I recently retired from my County job, I will now have more time to become active in trying to stop this overdevelopment. I actually live in South Grove in the same house where I lived as a child. I probably have seen you at the many places I go. Flannigans,which I still call The Loggerhead, Berries, Scotties Landing. Keep up the good work. I love your blog.

May 26, 2005 12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT,S over for the Grove greed and racism has killed the spirit .The grove never represented it,s own interest only outside investments and tourist.What can the average family afford to do or buy in the grove.Where are the cultural places to go ,Where are the free activies for kids, Where are the bookstores and safe family parks ?, Peacock you have to pay or wait to use it if the bums arent and virrick is nice but not safe and is mostly used by drug dealers.Good neighborshoods dont have bars on their windows and are safe to go for a nice after dinner walk after sunset.in the Grove no way take a wrong turn and you will be robbed killed or both if you are lucky mabye just offered drugs and harrassed .Now the final impact is to remove the Groves only grocery store and by the way remember there isnt even a health food store anymore. close the playhouse for condo/retail devolpment.The sailing club is being sold mcmansions are on every steet with their 10 foot prision walls and pollo tropical flare with no yards and tasteless tenants. THE GRoVE BLOWS !!!!!!!!"Get laid back "my ass its called getting fucked!!!!!!!!!

May 26, 2005 10:12 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Mr Grape, my friend. I can't believe that was me posting the response to what appears to be your first post I didn't realize that I had done that. It fits my MO Im glad I did it Still love your blog Liz Gibson

May 08, 2015 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home