HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, January 23, 2015

Farmers markets

Grove Green Market last season.
I was glad to see that the Coral Gables Farmers Market is back for its 24th year.

We're still waiting for the return of our Thursday Grove Green Market here in Coconut Grove, I keep hearing that the county is holding up the contract; I'm assuming it has more to do with the Playhouse lot location than anything else. It is/was a great location, mostly due to the free parking, but I'm thinking its time for the market to move somewhere else, somewhere where it is wanted. It's just amazing to me how many quality of life things are slowly disappearing in Coconut Grove. If it doesn't line someone's pocket, it's not important, seems to be the line of thinking. 


While I enjoy our Saturday Glasser's Market on Grand Avenue, I like the idea of different vendors and competition which makes it a real farmers market. Our Thursday market has/had a real community feel to it. There is even a free bike valet along with the free parking. And you would run into so many friends and neighbors who came out especially for the market.

The Gables Market is every Saturday from 8 am to 2 pm from now until March 29. It's right in front of City Hall at 405 Biltmore Way, you can't miss it.


They offer farm-fresh produce, baked goods, juices, honey, herbs, jams and jellies, gourmet specialty foods, and a variety of plants. There is also live music, Tai Chi classes and useful tips at the free gardening workshops and cooking demonstrations. I'll be there Saturday.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, is it me or is anytime we complain about some special Grove institution removed the response from the City is: ”Don't worry, if you want that you can go to Coral Gables for that.”?

Makes me upset to think about. I am planning to vote this year and I'm going Tuesday to find out if this Palomino woman makes any sense.

January 24, 2015 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home