HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, September 06, 2014

The keys

I had one of those creepy things happen this morning, where you lose your keys and you think you're not getting them back, even when you know deep down that you'll find them all.

I was running off to the gym early, about 7:30 am, I'm using a rental car, my own car is being worked on, so I guess I'm more focused on the rental keys now. They gave me two big keys and with the tag on the key ring, it's not just a thin little key I'm carrying around, so it can easily replace my main set of keys in my mind.

Before I left home, I put the newspapers in the elevator. Our building has it where you use a key to get into the elevator and then a key inside to get into your unit, where the door opens and you're right in your unit. So one of us puts all the newspapers in the elevator, usually the first one up grabs the paper (the Herald, NY Times, WSJ, etc) and throws them in so others can just call up the elevator and there's the newspaper. So I did that and since I had two sets of keys in my hands, I left my whole "real set" in the elevator, like you see here.

I took the rental car, went to Center Grove and as I got out of the car across from the gym, it dawned on me that my keys for my house, car, business and basically everything, was gone. As Gene at the parking lot across from the Mayfair called out to me, I totally ignored him, and ran back into the car and raced home. I called a neighbor to go down and check for my keys, he says I woke him up, sorry about that, and there were my keys, in the elevator key slot where I absentmindedly left them.

I remember running into another neighbor earlier when I was heading to the gym and I started talking and that's how I inadvertently left the keys behind.


That's an awful feeling and deep down you know you're going to find them, but for that small bit of time you wonder how you will function or even how you'll get in and out of your house.

Reminds me of that time I found the car keys on the street.
Part one here.
Part two here.

And ironically if you look at the photo there, the phone number is on the side of the note left on the car. 

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home