HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

The lost keys

As I was walking around on Saturday night, I saw a set of keys on the sidewalk on Grand Avenue, just lying on the ground. I picked them up and thought to myself, "We don't have a lost and found in the Grove, the Grove Ambassador Info Booths are closed at night, what should I do with them?"

I thought that I would be frantic if I had lost my keys so I had to do something with them; these were car keys and what looked like a house key, so I started searching for the car.

The key had an Infinity logo on it, so I started looking for Infinity cars and as I walked around the area, I clicked the unlock button, to see if any of the cars would unlock and light up. I went up and down a couple of blocks and I searched in a couple of parking lots and then all of a sudden, at the parking lot behind Focaccia and the UPS Store, a car lit up as I pressed the unlock button on the key. I got so excited. I was going to leave a note on the car, telling the person to call me for the keys, but this got even better because there was a parking lot attendant there.

So I explained to the parking lot attendant about the lost set of keys in my broken Spanish and handed them over to him. The person who lost the keys probably wouldn't even notice until they went to get into the car, so the whole time that they were out and about they were probably oblivious to the fact that their keys were missing.

And I am assuming that as they approached the car at the end of the night, and before they had a chance to notice that the keys were lost, the lot attendant walked up to them and handed them the keys. And if they don't speak Spanish, they probably didn't understand the guy and just assumed that they left the keys with him all night, sort of like you would with a valet!

But alas, the story did not end that way! Come back tomorrow for part 2.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.