HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Should we all stop talking?

I was at one of our local Grove bars the other night and I heard someone yell across the place to a lady to "Shut up!" He said that she was too loud.

She yelled back, "This is a bar! Not a library!" And I had to laugh because it reminded me of my bookstore incident. I also recognized the voice; it ended up being my friend's mother, so I went over and we got a good laugh out of it. But are people being too sensitive? It's like no one wants anyone to talk anymore.

A few years ago, I was literally told to shut up in the park. I know I am loud, but in Kennedy Park? The Walk with the Doc people yelled over to me to shut up because they were talking to their group!

Maybe we should all text each other from now on. No talking, just texting.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. it's just crazy. People txt when the issue really deserves a call or a face to face. People think they own public air space. Being told to shut up in a bar takes the cake!

October 15, 2013 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Marc said...

HEY! QUIT TYPING SO LOUD!!!

I can hear you from the other web sites!!!!! :)

Keep the good work
Marc

October 15, 2013 3:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL. That is too funny...it's true, nobody talks anymore, they type and text. Sad, sad, sad world. I really enjoy your blog. :)

October 15, 2013 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At a movie a lady was bursting chewing bum bubbles behind us & when I ask her to stop she said "we live in America now and can do what we want - - - - so I poured my coke into her lap and repeated her comment and about 15/20 folks stood up and clapped. At Publix a lady stood in the entry way yelling and screaming into her call phone and would not allow people to enter or leave. At another movie as the sound increased she began yelling into her cell phone and at still another a lady setting next to me would eat 2 kernels of popped corn and inadvertently scratch the sides of her mega popcorn container/megaphone - - slowly - - noise has been identified as an extreme stressor, which is why tax dollars pay for high walls next to major roadways and the airline industry spent billions to make their engines less noisy - - - - people are rude and they should be advised to "SHUT UP".

October 17, 2013 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home