HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, April 02, 2011

It's hot out there today

Basketball Wives, the tv show, was supposed to be filming at Lulu's today. I went by twice but nothing was going on yet. Guess that's the reality of a reality show, no guarantees or scripts, they don't even show up on time. Maybe it's the heat, it's really hot and humid today.

Basketballers seem to like that corner, a lot of basketballs stars hang out at Lulu and Greenstreets, Lebron James is at Greenstreets often, so are a lot of the players.

Cameron Diaz has been in town this week, she seems to prefer the Grove over other areas of the county and she is at Greensteets often, too.

I ate at The Fish Box lunch truck today, a bunch of the gourmet food trucks are at the Shell Lumber parking lot, serving lunch. One of the truck owners told me he has over 12,000 followers on Twitter to tweet out his location to, another has 7000 followers. The tweeters will actually drive out of their way to get their fix from their favorite food truck.

I was walking by The Bookstore this morning, after leaving the gym, and a couple of friends were sitting out side having breakfast, they called me over. As we were talking, I noticed a book in the window, right behind them, a book that recently came out, I was about to buy it on Amazon yesterday and didn't because of their long delays in shipping. I'm still waiting for a couple of books I ordered almost a month ago. So it was great to see the book, The Comics, by Brian Walker, in the window.

Brian is the son of Mort Walker who does the Beetle Baily and Hi and Lois comic strips. The book, Comics, is a retrospect on the comics from day one to present.

I went in, got the book, and they even gave me a nice discount on top of that, I got the book for about the Amazon price and there's no waiting! I'd like to stay home all night and start reading it, but the Gallery Walk is tonight and I'll be out and about covering it. So I'll have to start getting into the book tomorrow.

Anyway, that's what's going on in the Grove today.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.