HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This is the time to shine and promote the Grove

I have been speaking to businesses in the Grove about BarCamp Miami, which is this Sunday, February 22. Details here.

This is where over 500, maybe 600, techies will descend on the Grove for a conference. While the conference is at Anokha, it's a good idea for all businesses to get involved in some way, shape or form.

Make the guys feel welcome, show them we want them back. Most are local and can be persuaded to visit the Grove on a regular basis.

Bars and restaurants should offer drink and food deals and freebies, other businesses can do the same. Print up flyers and club cards. Have them available for Sunday.

If you have something you would like to promote ahead of time, like hotel deals or something they need to know before Sunday, please email me, I'll put you in touch with the guys in charge of BarCamp.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weather permitting I can take two at a time out and about in my boat and dive up a few lobster.

February 18, 2009 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Make the guys... AND GIRLS.... feel welcome..."

Not all techies are men. Us ladies have our share of the "nerd" market too ;)

February 18, 2009 11:52 AM  
Blogger Brian Breslin said...

Grape, everyone who is going will be getting these neat orange wristbands http://pikchur.com/k08 so we're hoping to get the merchants in on giving us discounts. Merchants should know this is a great way to reach hundreds of bloggers and techies who want to eat their food, drink their beverages, and buy their stuff. oh yeah, and then talk about it later.

February 18, 2009 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, you always want everyone to support the Grove, and I personally do all the time, as I been living in the Grove for about 13 years. However, last year when I was organizing the Gala for my daughter's school, St. Hugh Catholic School, here in the Grove, no one with the exception of Jaguar, Chili's and Mr. Moe's wanted to give me a gift certificate. I tried and I tried, I called and called...but to no avail..... I even tried to do the Gala here in the Grove and again, it was hell on wheels to even get a price. Monty's super rude, Doubletree impossible to even get a call back and don't get me started with the Sonesta. We end up doing it at Jungle Island, and I cannot even tell you how nice they were!!!

February 18, 2009 9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, you always want everyone to support the Grove, and I personally do all the time, as I been living in the Grove for about 13 years. However, last year when I was organizing the Gala for my daughter's school, St. Hugh Catholic School, here in the Grove, no one with the exception of Jaguar, Chili's and Mr. Moe's wanted to give me a gift certificate. I tried and I tried, I called and called...but to no avail..... I even tried to do the Gala here in the Grove and again, it was hell on wheels to even get a price. Monty's super rude, Doubletree impossible to even get a call back and don't get me started with the Sonesta. We end up doing it at Jungle Island, and I cannot even tell you how nice they were!!!

February 18, 2009 9:06 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

You didn't come to me. I got BarCamp all kinds of freebies and deals in a week at Sammy C's the Mayfair, Anokha, Angelo and Maxie's and more.

You just have to ask. Then I ask, and it gets done.

February 18, 2009 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, but it shouldn't be that way. Not everyone knows you... St. Hugh is a local Church/School who was been around for about 50 years, and we the parents live and support the Grove. Never mind, this is a yearly event, with about 150-200 people. BTW, do any of the above mentioned, have a capacity of 300-350 people?

February 18, 2009 9:21 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

I think Sammy C's may be able to hold that amount of people. And of course banquet rooms at any of the hotels. Maybe Panorama restaurant at the Sonesta, too.

February 18, 2009 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know for a fact that is a negative for the Sonesta and the Doubletree. Sammy C's? I don't think that they can.

February 18, 2009 9:33 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

Anokha is hosting about 600 people this Sunday. How about them?

February 18, 2009 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANON 9:21:
Dont mean to hijack the thread, but we have more than enough room to host your Gala with about 10,000 square feet of space @ Temple Ultra Lounge. Contact us: info@templeultralounge.com

February 18, 2009 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home