HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, October 02, 2008

A good place for soup

aubonpain
I found a great place in the Grove that makes delicious soup. It's Au Bon Pain, at Mercy Hospital.

Au Bon Pain is sort of a sandwich place, they are all over New York and have huge places that sell sandwiches, salads and deserts and stuff. We have a small one at Mercy and they have usually a selection of six freshly made hot soups and delicious sandwiches and bakery goods among other things.

I live in the neighborhood so I'll walk over once in awhile. It's near the medical arts building.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Au Bon Pain is a French-inspired company with branches all over Asia and North America. They are found in cities, hospitals, malls, offices, and airports. Just in Miami, they have more than a dozen stores. I have absolutely no connection to the company; I've just traveled.

October 02, 2008 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny name for a restaurant at a hospital: "Au Bon Pain" sounds like A Good Pain! I am sure patients will appreciate it. Will give it a shot when I go in for my shots:) Thanks

October 02, 2008 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where do people park that don't live close by? Parking at the hospital is a nightmare

October 02, 2008 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to this place and I received horrible service. The sandwich maker burned my foccacia bread and there was no more left so I had to eat another kind. T he soup was watery and I brought the soup/sandwich combo and I was charged 2.00 extra for mozzarella cheese on a small piece of bread. I prefer panera bread.

October 02, 2008 5:20 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

Guess you hit it on a bad day. I have never had a problem. I ate there today in fact.

October 02, 2008 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are a Chain restaurant from NY. They are all over the place in there. You get croissants and breakfasty stuff.

...and Pain in French does not equal "pain" - That's the kind of thinking that gets Americans laughed at in Europe. It's Bread. But I am going to assume you were making a joke.

And they used to be in the Grove. They were in the place that used to be Cafe Sci Sci before them and Gap Kids after. They closed because they did not do well. I guess the Grove is not friend of fast food. But they found a niche in the hospital concession biz, a good thing too if you have ever been stuck with some relative in the hospital and forced to eat cafeteria food. Another good soup at mercy is the Malanga soup at La Carreta. The health care is dubious, but the food is ok- Margot

October 02, 2008 11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, of course nobody wants to be laughed at in Europe, I shudder at the though, how embarrassing. It still is a really funny name for a restaurant at a hospital. How about a Chinese restaurant at Mercy Hospital called: Fat Lung Bang, oh no that would make over a billion Chinese laugh at us.

October 03, 2008 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home