HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The billboard


I see Neighbors and Transit Miami saw fit to comment on the post I did on the new Grove billboard on US1 and 27th Ave.

I drove by one day, saw the sign and took a picture, assuming it was a response to the complaints about the last billboard.

The Grove Business Improvement Committee did this, I have nothing to do with it and am never in contact with the BIC. I just saw the billboard, was as shocked as anyone and posted it for lack of anything to post on the blog that day. I didn't call anyone whiners or even agree with the billboard. I just reported it as news and I resent comments. I guess he thinks I am in charge of the Grove and all signage now.

I don't own the URL http://www.coconutgrove.com , apparently they are the ones who came up with this. Not me. I guess Gabriel is going to blame Neighbors for it also, since they wrote a story on it, too.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anybody who sees this as anything but hilarious needs to remove the stick upon which they inadvertently sat & impaled themselves.

July 19, 2007 6:35 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

I have to agree. I laughed when I saw it and really didn't see it as a put down but just an ad for the Grove businesses, which are dying and need all the help they can get.

People do need to get a freaking sense of humor.

July 19, 2007 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabriel unloaded on the Chamber of Commerce and they had nothing to do with this either. Doesn't this guy check any facts or is it his custom to go off half-cocked?

July 19, 2007 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabriel sounds like a jealous person.

July 19, 2007 6:57 PM  
Blogger Gabriel J. Lopez-Bernal said...

Jealous of what exactly?

July 19, 2007 7:55 PM  
Blogger Gabriel J. Lopez-Bernal said...

Another thing, I checked my facts via the Alexa page which reported the site belonged to the Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce...

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/main?q=www.coconutgrove.com&url=www.coconutgrove.com/

Never once insinuated that you were in charge of all the signage in the Grove...just associated the fact that your blog pointed to another one of you blog posts which called us complainers...You still fail to see the point behind our disagreement with the sign...Whether CG would like to leave the city of Miami or not is not what we're discussing, its the incessant attack on another neighborhood within the same city...

July 19, 2007 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see where the Grapevine is responsible for anything other than reporting the story. And if you check the comments on the first post on the first billboard, those were the complainers I think Tom was referring to. Not the general public.

July 19, 2007 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had ace detective Gabriel checked his facts, he might have clicked onto CoconutNutGrove.com where he would have found "The Official Website of the Coconut Grove Business Improvement Committee (The BIC)" and a SEPARATE link to the chamber site. Had he called the chamber, he would have learned that the site has been leased to the BIC. In short, the chamber had NOTHING to do with the sign. Some fact checking there, Gabriel.

July 20, 2007 5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The highly visible billboard is a blessing for those businesses in the grove who are suffering from a lack of foot traffic and sales. Keep it going with a different, clever message every three months.

July 20, 2007 7:44 AM  
Blogger SteveBM said...

"its the incessant attack on another neighborhood within the same city..."

You need to get over it pal. Its a sign. Here's how I interpret the sign. "If Im headed North on US1, chances are Im headed to work. What do I do at work? Im in a stressful environment. I listen to people whine about their jobs. I have to be "on" all day. When my day is done, where can I go to relax and unwind while having a bite or a pint at a sidewalk cafe? The Grove - 0.4mi towards the water."

Youre just jealous your Miami neighborhood doesnt have a sign. Sinner.

July 20, 2007 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home