HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Boycott Milam's?

People are calling for a boycott of Milam's because they support Linda Haskins.

I don't like Milam's and I don't like Linda Haskins. But let's face it, Milam's is fighting for their life. Since Haskins is for Home Depot's huge mega-store and since Johnny Winton sold out the residents and agreed to let the zoning change for a larger store than the current zoned size, of course Max Milam is going to be on their side. Milam's will be part of the mega-store -- that design by another Max -- Max Strang.

We should all be boycotting Home Depot, not Milam's. Home Depot is threatening to throw out Milam's when their lease is up if they can't build the larger store now, because Home Depot is a big childish bully and will do anything to get what they want -- like that spite chain-link fence that makes you have to drive all around the parking lot just to get to Milam's and Walgreens and even the shoe store, what is that all about?

Why is Home Depot even allowed to take over the parking lot for no logical reason when nothing has been finalized yet?

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went grocery shopping at Milams last night and had the opportunity to meet Linda Haskins and Max Milam. It was funny because I am nearly 30 but look really young so they didnt seem to want to waste time trying to get my vote until I asked Max Milam if there was any 8oz buffalo mozzarella left on special and he left to go look into it.

The two of them broke out the violin and gave me the sob sory about HD, Milams, "save us", yada yada yada... Then I got some flyer from Haskins and was free to go about my shopping. I thought it might be funny to ask her how she got to Milams and if she arrived in a taxpayer paid SUV, but I decided against engaging in any sort of debate and went about my business. I received another flyer in my grocery bag which was promptly thrown in the trash when I arrived at home. I dont need flyers to influence my vote.

When I left Milams, I was greeted by some Sarnoff supporters standing out at the Bird Road entrance. I had my window down and a woman walked over, encouraged me to vote for Sarnoff, and handed me a nice flyer (in color on nice paper) and a Revised "Dont Box Me In" DVD. She made sure to tout the "grassroots fundraising" which I kinda found a bit odd since the materials she was handing me couldnt have been cheap. The Sarnoff supporters could have been in a better spot though. They were sorta blocking the entrance on Bird and it probably was a tad dangerous to be stopping traffice there cuz visibility is limited in the later hours of the day. I actually decided to hang onto the DVD so I could view it on my flight home for Turkey Day.

November 20, 2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger wtanders said...

Ya I also shop at Milams, but I an agains a home depot. Looks Milams is not perfect, but after a storm they are open, and when ever I need something they get it for me.

I also talked with Linda, and she seemed to very resonable. I will most likely be supporting Mark tomorrow, but I have to ask myself - why is that HD is being allowed to do anything to that store w/o a class II?? And why is the city not stopping them if what the Grove 1st claims is illegal on HD part.

What is the deal?

I just hope everyone goes out and votes!

-W. Anderson

November 20, 2006 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home