HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, June 10, 2006

What is wrong with Grove restaurants Part 2

I was called "high maintenance" by one of the staff at one of the restaurants I complained about in this post. I went back to one of those restaurants yesterday. I was not rude, in fact, I was in a deep business discussion with my lunch partner, so we were not uppity or rude. We ordered politely and fast, and did not keep the waiter busy at all.

The salmon was raw, I asked for it well done, I used the word "burnt." And the veggies were horrible. Just in case you don't know who I am guys, I am the one who left all the food basically uneaten and yet left a nice tip and didn't complain because I just said screw it. You'll never learn because you don't want to learn. Don't blame this one on me now.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went back and read the comments at Part 1. It seems that the restaurant workers have the situation ass-backwards -- they think that the burden is on the customer (i.e., the person who will be parting with his or her money) to initiate good service by being nice to the restaurant staff from the outset. That's just batshit crazy. The only times I've ever given an upfront tip were when I was looking to get preferential seating. Otherwise, it's wait and see.

Like many others, I've worked in the service industry and one thing I learned is that nothing sets the tone for a customer's experience better than a friendly greeting and a nice smile when the customer first walks in the door. But in most Grove establishments, you are greeted as if the staff resents your presence, and it's generally downhill from there.

June 10, 2006 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home