HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Where's the ATM machine?

I went to use the teller machine at the Coconut Grove Bank in downtown Grove, only to see they cemented it up. I know they closed the branch after all these years, but that machine was part of my life! In fact, people kept walking up to the area looking for the ATM. I guess it was part of everyone's life in the Grove. We just took it for granted.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

5 Comments:

Blogger White Dade said...

Dude, thank you so much for pointing this out. I left Sandbar the other night and their $3 ATM fee for the reason buck fifty on the corner, walked all the way to Johnny Rockets, and said "Hey, somethings missing? WTF"

Ironically, I accidentally left my ATM card in that machine a few months ago and had $260 taken out of my account. Oh, memories. Gone forever.

May 25, 2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Tere said...

Damn, I used to use that ATM every Thursday night to get some cash out so I could go see Funkette play at Sloppy Joe's and at the same time work up a nice buzz so I could show up at work the next day and be in a better mood than I'd been all week. Gone forever, how sad.

May 25, 2006 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how the camera is still there, you know, in case anyone tries to mess with the cement.

It's probably gonna be a year before they paint that.

May 25, 2006 10:12 PM  
Blogger Tere said...

We had dinner in the Grove last night and Ben decided to take cash out and headed right for this spot. Oops, I forgot to tell him about this. And then later in the car, he was all - "Guess what? They took out that ATM in the corner." And I was all, "Really? Wow!"

Then I felt bad and confessed.

May 28, 2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger misha said...

that was one of the few outdoor atms and they also closed the branch? Those bastards! Thats what you get for choosing a bank for proximity - they move

June 01, 2006 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home