HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Quaint food


I love the quaintness of the Grove where everyone knows everyone else, even if you don't really know them!

I walked into Cozzoli's and ordered take out. The guy behind the counter knew me from my order! He asked if I was Tom from such-and-such address. He knew me from my usual phoned in delivery order! He didn't recognize me, he recognized the order.

My neighbor George owns Le Bouchon, across the street from Cozzoli's. When the Cozzoli guy delivers, I have to be sure George doesn't see him or he asks why I am ordering from the guy across the street and not from him. I don't even think he delivers, but either way, it's funny.

When I got my take-out order from Cozzoli's I had to sneak out so George wouldn't see me from across the street on Main Highway.


YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tere said...

Oh lawd, flashback! In the early to mid 90's I was a Grove rat (I was in high school and that was all there was to do). And since Cozzoli's was so cheap, we ate there all the time and stayed hanging out afterwards. I loved the juke box. I would play Lenny Kravitz's "Are You Gonna Go My Way?" over and over and over again. Good times.

May 23, 2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger Henry Louis Gomez said...

There was a Sex and the City episode about one of the characters that always made the same order from a Chinese restaurant. As for why I know this, don't ask. It's my wife's fault.

May 25, 2006 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home