HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sticker shock at The Bookstore


I had my Shaq attack today (went to the gym) and then I popped across the street to The Bookstore to get something quick to eat. I ended up with a small mocha and a smoked marlin wrap (I wanted tuna, but they only had the marlin). The bill came to $12.95 and I left a tip. WTF?

A bit high I think. I could have gotten lunch at the Cheesecake Factory for that. I think Starbucks only charges about $5.99 for their sandwiches.

I did have a nice experience at the Mayfair Farmer's Market. I didn't get the vendor's picture, but his name is Ricardo, here is his cart, above -- he was so nice and patient. I bought an extra Christmas gift for someone there and he went out of his way to find a box and and the proper presentation all for a little trinket. And the price was great. In fact, you should check out the fruits and vegetables at the one booth at the Mayfair Farmer's Market. The prices are incredible.

Speaking of the Shaq Gym, Marco still has some special deals until the end of the year, so if you still want in, give him a call at 786-343-4967. Tell him Tom from the Grapevine sent you and I think he'll be extra special to you.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are lucky we have a bookstore. It could have been another Hip-Hop clothing store selling baggy "gangsta" jeans.

The bookstore's food is great and they have a wonderful collection of books for sale.

People need to shop at the bookstore or it will not survive...

December 23, 2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

I agree, I am there almost daily, I got a lot of Christmas gifts there, I just don't like their food prices. That's all. I'll stick with books and kawfee only. :)

December 23, 2007 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felice says:
We listen to all that have constructive criticism, it is the way we become better. By the end of the year we should have made changes on our sandwiches. We are doing the research and always will strive for customer satisfaction!

BTW if you aren't doing anything tomorrow Christmas morning, we will open at 11:00 and are making waffles. Come on by.

December 24, 2007 5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as someone who once owned a business in the grove, it is naive to compare a mass produced Starbucks sandwich (pre-made, pre-wrapped, and etc.) to a fresh-made higher-end sandwich at a local cafe. This is especially true when one even considers the rent that the bookstore probably pays!

Everyone here (on the grapevine)constantly wonders why the stores don't make it and the prices are high... Wake Up folks! Call around and pretend to want to rent an available space. The rents are outrageous. If the rents were reasonable, everything else would fall into place. However, as long as people (oftentimes naively) continue to pay the obscene rents, nothing will change. Sigh!

December 27, 2007 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I can see the bookstore has the sandwiches/wraps brought in, they are not made fresh and they do sit there for days.

Their prices for these products are uncalled for.

December 27, 2007 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home