HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I finally joined Shaq 24 Hour Fitness

I finally joined the Shaq 24 Hour Fitness gym because I finally ran into someone there who actually knows what customer service is all about.

Marco Saucedo, shown here, was sitting out front this weekend, waiting to sign people up, so I approached him. I told him of how I tried to join so many times, but all their rules and pushiness kept me from signing up. He sat there, listened, apologized for the others and took me inside.

We went up to his desk, he showed me the plans available, he gave me a great deal and I am now a member. He made it painless. No tour, no hard sell, he treated me with respect.

He has some great rates and says that after January 1st, they will not be offering any incentives, so if you are in the market for a gym or were considering a gym membership as a holiday gift for someone, give Marco a call at 786-343-4967. Tell him Tom from the Grapevine sent you. He'll hook you up and he'll use respect.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will there be "before" and "after" pictures? :)

December 16, 2007 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great gym... but I have not been able to get my friends signed up because the sales guys complicate the issue so much.

December 16, 2007 6:44 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

Have your friends talk to Marco, he honestly will make it painless and uncomplicated.

December 16, 2007 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get it. Why didn't you want to see the installations before signing up? What if you don't like it?

December 17, 2007 7:49 AM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

I have taken about 10 tours. I know the place inside and out.

I went before they ever opened when it was a shell, and then I worked out with friends there, I have gone on open house days like during the Arts Festival, etc. So I didn't need a tour. I knew the place already. That's how I knew I wanted to join.

December 17, 2007 8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your plan includes personal training, or you just want to work out that way, ask for JT. He's one of the newer guys, a recent UF grad, and is very knowledgeable. JT's the first trainer I've worked with who really pushed me to the limit. Now when I go to the gym I work harder and don't just feel like a hamster on a wheel.

December 17, 2007 9:04 AM  
Blogger SteveBM said...

Too bad you did... This new "non-chain" local Grove establishment is now opening. Sounds like its right up your alley.


www.theworkoutspot.com

December 18, 2007 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard a new place on rice street is opening. It's supposed to be a great training facility.

December 25, 2007 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He Let you Inside, huh?

February 21, 2008 10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a dumb question, but are there actually basketball courts at Shaq? On the 24hourfitness site, it doesn't list them among the amenities.

February 29, 2008 6:36 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

No. Not at the Grove location.

February 29, 2008 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was able to join online on their website to avoid the tour/registration hassle. When you show up on your first day jsut bring your printed contract and picture ID. They offer to give you the tour but if you say you just want to work out that day and aren't interested you don't need to do it because you are already a member.

April 15, 2008 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home