HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, June 10, 2019

I almost wiped out a few cyclists; by accident


I almost killed some cyclists early Sunday morning. All in the name of  a video for social media. After posting this story last week and this cartoon, it would not have looked good if I had hit someone with my car. This is the video.

What happened was, I was coming home from the gym and breakfast about 7:45 or so, the time the cyclists disembark from Starbucks on South Bayshore Drive, you know, the Monty's one. I took Tigertail home to the North Grove and just as I was turning on South Bayshore Drive, from 17th Avenue, there they were, about 100 of them (I counted later).

So anyway, I headed them off and turned down a side street so that I could jump out of the car and film them as they went by. I turned into the street and jumped out of the car, but instead of putting it in park, I put it in reverse in my haste.

The car started backing up, into their path on South Bayshore Drive! No one was in the car. It was going slow, by itself, but fast enough to knock out a few cyclists as the careened into them.

Luckily wits were about me and I managed to jump into the car and stop it, I floundered for a bit, trying to find the brake in all the panic, but manged to stop the car and put it in park before the car was a bowling ball knocking down live pins.

I'm proud to say not cyclist was affected and also I was quick enough to get a nice video of about 80 of them passing by, which I posted as a story on the Grapevine Instagram page.

They can be annoying in groups, but also beautiful and graceful.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need a cheufer

June 11, 2019 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home