HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, September 05, 2018

I tried the Freebee service for the first time

I've been meaning to try the Freebee and had a chance the other day. I used the free service to pick up my car which I left for service.

I summoned the driver using the app and he picked me up right where I indicated - like Uber does.

It was a nice ride and the driver was a nice guy.

I wanted to go to the gas station at 32nd and US1 but what I usually do with Uber is have them drop me off and pick me up at Milam's, it seems easier. But this driver insisted on taking me right to the station, which was nice.

I was asking the driver about the service. He tells me they are up to three Freebee cars now. The one problem they have, which I found funny, was "the kids."

"What do you mean?" I asked the driver.


He said that school kids drive them crazy all afternoon after school.

I said, "But if they need a ride home from school, isn't that part of the service?"

He told me that they don't need a ride home from school, he said the use the service as a toy. They ride from house to house all afternoon because they are bored. One person will summon the Freebee and take the service to a friend's house, then those two will go to another friend's house and so on and so on. They tie up the service all afternoon.

I found that funny, picturing 14-year-olds with nothing better to do.

He says they are trying to come up with a solution to this issue. I used the service during school hours, so there was no wait and it was fast and efficient.

I tipped the driver $5.00. Are you supposed to tip them? If so, how much?

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 5 grown children, the youngest being 44. A family member is also a school teacher> I've been a child care advocate to politicians throughout the U.S., i.e., kids & schools are important to our family & activities. Much has been said about social media and sociologist are increasingly describing the alarm bell across the world about where all this is headed unlike anything that's ever come along to modify how all of humanity transforms and transformation is evident at all levels. Kids being bored is nothing new. I'm slightly eager to see how this particular activity is dealt with, please keep us informed.

September 05, 2018 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

simple fix
18 and over to use the service

September 05, 2018 7:36 AM  
Blogger Travis63 said...

You mean that if you provide a resource for free, people will abuse it? This is my shocked face.

September 05, 2018 9:02 AM  
Blogger Kristi Stout said...

Yes, you should tip. I usually tip $5.

September 05, 2018 10:02 AM  
Blogger Remeny said...

Great service, and yes, tipping is a good thing!

September 05, 2018 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's all fun and games till you get plowed by a f250 pulling a boat.please people use your brains.dont ride in those death traps

September 05, 2018 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! There truly are some miserable negative people in this world....

September 05, 2018 4:15 PM  
Blogger VanPuff99 said...

If you want to get rid of the kids just play loud music from the ‘70’s and ‘80’s at all times. Gauranteed to repel 14yr olds!

September 05, 2018 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home