HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, September 04, 2018

County suing City over Playhouse decision

The County is suing the City over the Coconut Grove Playhouse.

There is a meeting on Thursday, September 6, regarding historical status of the Playhouse. The suit is against the City of Miami Commissioners who ruled in favor of saving the Playhouse, considering it historic. At a meeting in December the City Commissioners discussed an appeal by two Grove residents and the HEP Board's approval of certificate of appropriateness. The County is insistent on proceeding with their plans to demolish the Playhouse, while the City seems to want to keep the old Playhouse in one piece.

Part of the City's response says "The Playhouse was designated as 'Historic Site' in 2005. Thus, the 2005 version  was applied when making the original designation.

The meeting is at the Children's Courthouse downtown, 155 NW 3 Street, room 9-4. The hearing starts at 3:30 pm.

Read the City’s response to the County's Lawsuit may be seen here in our dropbox.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The City of Miami & Co. sounds a lot like Veruca Salt:



I want a ball
I want a party
Pink macaroons and a million balloons
And performing baboons and ...
Give it to me
Rrhh rhhh
Now!
I want the world
I want the whole world
I want to lock it all up in my pocket
It's my bar of chocolate
Give it to me
Now!
I want today
I want tomorrow
I want to wear 'em like braids in my hair
And I don't want to share 'em
I want a party with room fulls of laughter
Ten thousand tons of ice cream
And if I don't get the things I am after
I'm going to scream!
I want the works
I want the whole works
Presents and prizes and sweets and surprises
Of all shapes and sizes
And now
Don't care how
I want it now
Don't care how
I want it now

September 04, 2018 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home