HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, August 24, 2018

Crazy traffic and traffic patterns

Thursday afternoon in Center Grove.

I spent a lot of time out around the Center Grove yesterday and boy, is it a mess. Too many changes are going on around here at once.

Traffic is backed up for blocks due to the street closure at the Optimum Development building next to Greenstreet. The one lane is closed and it could be weeks before it's open, due to road construction around the building construction.

Someone suggested that traffic be routed from McDonald to Grand Avenue and not allow traffic on Main Highway going South, so perhaps the traffic turning on Main and then going up Commodore to Grand Avenue could be cut off.


I also have a suggestion. A lot of traffic starts at Mary Street and goes up to Grand Avenue and is backed up from there. What if Virginia Street traffic goes toward Bird rather than toward Main Highway and cars can then turn onto Virginia and then turn onto Oak Avenue or go all the way to Bird or whatever. But I know the one lane on Virginia is open for the fire trucks, so maybe that won't work either.

Any other solutions other than riding a bike or scooter, oh wait, no scooters yet, hopefully soon.

Thursday afternoon in Center Grove.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most back streets between 27th Ave and 32'd Ave in Central Grave are thoroughfares, morning, noon & early P.M... During lunch hours and beginning about 3:45 P.M. weekdays traffic is backed up from U.S. # 1, to Grand Ave. Drivers @ U.S. 1 and 32'd Ave have gone back to blocking traffic and not much concerned about the $158,00 red light camera tickets. A spot check reveals about 50% of all drivers in these areas are holding cell phones. Many, Many, MANY stop wherever and converse. Sociologist are constantly on TV comparing this activity to the Walking and Living Dead series. Jobie Steppe

August 24, 2018 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been trying to get to the Post Office for 2 days.

August 24, 2018 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And many Grapeviners comment negatively about developers and development. Look down any street in central Grove where MacMansions are. There's no room for additional cars to park in the P.M.. I would estimate the new high rises have brought to the Grove about 5,000 vehicles. Streets are constantly being blocked by garden trucks, leaves being blown into the street, clouds of dust from leaf blowers, beautiful wonderful peacocks slowing traffic. I do not despise development, ONLY, because I've thought it out talking with a shrink, take a deep breath, smile, think gentle thoughts and guess what, NO STRESS.

August 24, 2018 7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't there be flagmen at the Optimum development site on Main Highway allowing traffic to share the one open lane alternately?

August 24, 2018 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

j cant even get back in my condo on Main. I agree that the one lane should be shared

August 24, 2018 4:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There is no urban planning. We are all at the mercy of the rich developers who have the upper hand. Nobody is looking out for the residents. It is really sad. Our community is being ruined!

August 24, 2018 5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coconut Grove is the next hialeah

August 24, 2018 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've spent most of my life on and around the ocean, lobster diving, beachcombing, the swamp & wide open places, plenty of sky. And 53 years of it in Coconut Grove. I don't like the traffic and rude drivers, and it took a lot to adjust/relax/be stress free, but somehow I adjusted. No place to park without paying. Every residential street in center Grove lined with cars every PM. Leaves blown into the street followed by clouds of toxic dust. CITY missed curb side trash pick up on Gifford Lane 8/24/2018, we'll all get fined no doubt. CITY gave me a citation to move my boat. CITY Police arrested me charging me with crimes with two potential life sentences and a no bond hold, the judge let me out right away. CITY put a lien on my home for $506,000.00, a federal judge told CITY remove the lien the same day, the same hour the case began trial. CITY placed a lien on my home saying I cut down 8 trees, but I didn't cut down any trees, it took years to make them remove the lien. I just had a heart attack July 3, 2018 and my cat died last month. Now days as I wait in traffic I smile inside.

August 25, 2018 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home