HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, October 28, 2017

I don't know who to vote for

Early voting starts Saturday at 8 am and goes until 4 pm. Same time on Sunday. On Monday through Friday, the time is 7 am to 7 pm and then again next weekend it's 8 am to 4 pm Saturday and Sunday.

City Hall is our closest precinct for early voting, 3500 Pan American Drive.

I'm scratching my head of the Village Council candidates, I really don't know who to vote for. Most don't seem to have much experience.

I am not voting for any of the Libertarian candidates even though I agree with a lot of what they stand for, simply because of their take-over strategy of the Grove. They sent out an anonymous flyer (which is illegal, as you have to say who sent the flyer by mail) and they ask fellow Libertarians to "target" the Grove. Not very friendly or Grove-like, so they are out.

I mean I know, the Democrats and the Republicans could have done the same thing. But they didn't. The Village Council is a non-partisan group and I've never heard of anyone targeting a community before. It has a very bad connotation.  


As for the others, they don't seem to have much experience with the Grove. I've never seen them in any groups, meetings or committees all these years, so it's like they came out of the woodwork. I don't mean all of them, there are a few who I've seen participate in Grove events - political and other type things. So I guess those people will get my vote, but I don't plan on voting for nine people. I don't see nine people that I am crazy about - maybe three. I'll vote for three.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Republicans, Libertarians and Democrats have done the same thing in a different way, the current "Endorsed candidates" are the worst, just one of a kind with a very, very few exceptions.
I know some of the candidates from all 3 parties and no one has political agendas like this add mentioned. I will vote for two of those Libertarians I know as people of good character and Grovite's for years,S Dubearn and
E Nagy, C Omega "lovely and experienced lady" and Hank "good fella and one of the five incumbents running" , as for the rest, God bless. Those were my 2 cents neighbors.. Cheers

November 02, 2017 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home