HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, August 21, 2017

Today's the big eclipse day

Where will you be for the eclipse today? I should have gone up to South Carolina, I have a lot of family there and it's one of the perfect places to be. But the crowds; I don't like crowds. We are expected to get an 80% view, I guess it will make the sun look like a crescent moon.

I keep thinking of people looking into the sun, I don't know why, but I'm consumed with that thought. Then I was thinking about regular daily life. How do people not look into the sun on a regular basis? I mean take a 3-year-old child, why don't they look at the sun out of curiosity? I'm glad they don't, but I'm just surprised that more people don't do it.

I heard on the Today Show this morning that if you turn around and look at the horizon, all around you should look like a sunset, you know, in every direction. 


I don't have glasses to watch, but I heard that if you set your phone to selfie, turning the camera on yourself, and have the sun behind you, it's safe to see the sun that way, behind you, over your shoulder.

NOTE: Don't use the selfie option, I heard it may not be safe.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Seaman_Staines said...

Safest way to view the eclipse is to project an image of the sun with a simple DIY "pinhole camera".

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/make-pinhole-projector.html

August 21, 2017 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An ophthalmologist told me he was puzzled with some young patients some years ago because they had developed macular degeneration all together in Miami. Later the kids admitted they had played a dare game to look directly at the sun consequently permanently burning a spot on their retinas.

August 21, 2017 3:13 PM  

<< Home