HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

I'm missing my Healthy Hen bowl

I'm hoping someone in town can duplicate the bowls they used to have at The Bookstore. I lived on those things! I used to get the perfect mix of veggies - sweet potatoes, broccoli, avocado and other things, sometimes squash, peas, carrots and green beans and also, corn, with a bit of chicken or salmon and it was perfect. Very healthy. Now I cannot find that anywhere. It's sort of a paleo meal.

I know, I can make it myself, I tried awhile back and I thought I was stir frying, but I was deep frying and my cholesterol went through the roof. I suppose I should try again, the right way this time. What I did was I would heat up the left overs from lunch, but I was doing it the wrong way.


If someone can duplicate these stir-fry bowls and make them between $10 and $12, they will get lots of lunch traffic. A lot of the office workers seemed to stop by for them daily, they looked to be their number one seller. I wish I had saved the old Bookstore menus because it listed everything that was in each bowl. There was a chicken bowl, a fish bowl, beef, even tofu and quinoa. You could make the bowls from scratch, too - just add what you wanted.


YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we would of saved the old Grove :(

July 18, 2017 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope this helps!

http://www.thebookstoreinthegrove.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/3.jpg

Cheers!

July 18, 2017 10:26 AM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

Yes! Thanks.

July 18, 2017 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home