HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Preservationist, historian Penny Lambeth

I neglected to mention the passing of Penny Lambeth last week, October 28, to be exact.

I didn't know Penny well, but we conversed through email often, she would send me press releases and stories on events that affected Coconut Grove, she was very fond of the Woman's Club and TREEMendous Miami, while she co-owned a PR firm, Lambeth & Nagle Communications, I know she did not charge to help promote those causes that were close to her heart.

I did run into Penny around town at various events, she was always very sweet and always laughing, always in a good mood.

She played Julia Tuttle often, unfortunately, I was never privy to that. I would use Penny as my go-to history teacher, along with Arva Moore Parks, two of my favorite people, in and out of history-related causes.

Howard Cohen wrote a nice obit on Penny in the Herald, you can see it here.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home