Uban Sketchers coming to the Grove on Sunday
Many of you may remember Pat from Regus Office at Mayfair. Pat and her sketchers (or maybe her Keds or Reeboks) are going to "spread out and sketch the Grove."
They have a manifesto that pretty much spells out what they are all about:
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.
Pat says, "This Sunday, they will be meeting at the Fountain in front of CocoWalk at 1:00 pm and from there will split up, run around sketching and then meet back at the fountain at 4 pm to show each other what we’ve drawn and to take pictures of our sketches for posting online. There is no charge, ever, and no negativity, it’s a safe place to just create and have fun showing the world our beautiful Miami."
"Of course, dragging everyone to the Grove was my idea, because I miss my Grove peeps and want to show off how glorious the Grove is, we’ll be walking, and so won’t be able to range much farther than the Business District in the time we have," says Pat.
Their facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/miamiurbansketchersThey are @uskmiami on instagram
YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.