HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, March 21, 2016

We need to bring Food Trucks to Coconut Grove

I enjoy Ms. Cheezious a lot.
I was talking with friends about food trucks. We were reminiscing about Food Truck Friday, which was each week at the Coconut Grove Bank, the bank sponsored the event. It really was something to look forward to. I think over time I tried all the trucks for lunch and also enjoyed the cupcake truck and the ice cream truck.

I met a lot of new people there since so many people came out from the nearby offices. It would really be something now with all the new ad agencies in town.

My friends and I were trying to think of a place for the trucks now that the bank lot is closed due to construction. Someone suggested the Seminole Boat Ramp and someone suggested the Sailing Club parking lot, but I'm wondering if there are better locations?

I'm hoping our new commissioner Ken Russell will see the light and open up the Grove for food trucks to just park anywhere on the street once a week or month. They really should be part of FAM Night (Gallery Night) once a month. The restaurants that are threatened might just not be good restaurants if this threatens them; I suspect any competition would threaten them. But I don't think the food trucks are competition. 


We have so many restaurants in the Grove now, if they are all surviving and not hurting business for each other, how can a few trucks once in awhile threaten them.

One friend suggested that Hy Vong, which has sometimes taken residency at The Bookstore, should get a truck. Now if they are serving their Vietnamese food at The Bookstore or out of a truck, what's the difference? I think they would do less business out of a truck than out of a storefront.

Speaking of storefront, our friends at Ms. Cheezious, who never missed a Food Truck Friday, are opening a second bricks and mortar location in Coral Gables. Congrats! I've been to their food truck 100 times and a few times to their restaurant on Biscayne Blvd, and now will have the pleasure of that gooey cheesiness in the Gables.


I always love this quote from Antony Bourdain: "What city worth its concrete, doesn't afford it's citizens the opportunity to eat on the street?"

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home