HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Early morning burst of activity

This morning was weird, last week was the Blue Moon, but I would have sworn it was this morning. I left early for the gym, about 7:30 am, at that time there are runners and bikers out but not too many. But this morning it was chaotic, there were hundreds of each.

I thought at first there was some sort of charity run going on, but there was not. It was just a bunch of runners who happened to be out at that hour. And bikers, well they were all over the place, one group had to have about 150 people and then there were other groups and it was really crazy.

On top of that, there were more cars than usual. I think. I only think this because traffic was terrible and it was due to the bikers. Car drivers who maybe are not used to the bike activity on the streets would come to a full stop whenever a biker made an erratic move. So we would be driving down South Bayshore Drive at about 25 or 30 mph and all of a sudden, the car in front of me would come to a complete stop. I had to slam on the breaks, this happened with multiple cars.

So I started to try and zig zag around them once the lanes turned into two from one. As I was doing this, a cop steps out into the street and puts his hands up. Opps, there I go, I thought I was getting pulled over to get a ticket. He stopped me but then he stopped everyone, including the bikers and runners. Strange. Were we all getting tickets?

No. It was a security guard at the new glass buildings going up. The guy, wearing the City of Miami Police uniform colors stopped everyone at 7:30 am, so that his fellow security guard could pull out into the street in his own personal car, and drive off. It wasn't a cement truck or dump truck, it was a car driven by a security guard getting off duty and the new guy getting on duty, dressed as a cop, stopped everyone for this.

Normally this would not be acceptable in my head, but I was so relieved that he was not a real cop and that I was not getting a ticket. Traffic must have been just as bad as I thought for him to physically stop everyone.

An hour later when I left the gym, there wasn't a soul on the road. This craziness all happened at 7:30 am and then stopped a few minutes later. A burst of activity at 7:30 am.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of us who prefer to exercise out there as opposed to closed gyms, we tend to go out earlier in the mornings or later in the evenings during these extremely hot summer days. Even on weekends. Today I got lazy and went out too late, at 10am, wayyyy too hot.

August 08, 2015 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

marathon training run clubs and shoe stores begin to organize around this time to focus on training for the Miami ING. I noticed it too.

August 08, 2015 1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking about burst of activity, on corner of Barbarossa Avenue and Anne Court another builder chopped a large tree down, take note Tree Watch, was a permit ever pulled.

August 08, 2015 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home