HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Father's Day message from Rosa Palomino

Four years ago I lost my father, Jose Palomino, who was my hero and my mentor. My father influenced my life by setting an example of what a single person can do for their community. As a child, I watched as my father touched countless lives with his compassion and advocacy. He was dedicated to serving the numerous students who passed through his door at the Lindsey Hopkins Vocational Center and, after 3 decades of service, my father could humbly say that he helped thousands of young people find prosperous career paths. It has been my goal to follow in his footsteps and honor the work he dedicated his life to when he was alive.


This Father’s Day, I want to take a moment to thank every father out there who made sacrifices to give their children a better life. My father fled political persecution in Cuba and came to America to offer his children a better opportunity. This is a story familiar to so many of us here in Miami. We must appreciate the courage it takes to not just want better for our children, but to do better for our children.

The children of Miami deserve to grow up in a city that provides the best opportunity for a prosperous future and a better quality of life than we inherited from our parents.
I decided to run to be your Commissioner because, like my father, I am dedicated to creating prosperity for our children. I pledge to work tirelessly to increase jobs, reduce traffic congestion, promote healthy mixed‐use development, and expand parks and green spaces where our children can play and thrive.

This Father’s Day, let us honor and share our gratitude for all the fathers that sacrificed to give us a better life and let us continue their work by joining together to make this city the best it can be.

Happy Father’s Day,

Rosy Palomino
Common Sense Candidate
For City of Miami Commission, District 2
http://www.palomino4miami.com/happy-fathers-day/

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.