HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, March 02, 2015

Eating all day on credit

A funny thing that happened Sunday is that on three occasions, people I bought food from, did not have change. So they all told me to just take the food and come back with the money later! This was odd, as I don't think that has ever happened to me before and here it was with three businesses on Sunday.

In the morning, The Bookstore didn't have change for my breakfast bill, so they told me to bring it when I had exact change and they gave me the breakfast. At the Gifford Lane Art Stroll, the conch lady didn't have change, so she told me to come back later when I had the exact amount and she gave me the conch fritters and the gelato guys from Bianco, did the same thing - they didn't have change for my gelato pop and they told me to come back later when I have the money, handing me the pop anyway. 


Loved that. I paid them all back the same day, in fact, at the Gifford Lane Art Stroll I asked Dave Collins for change, my friend Peggy took this photo which looks odd, as if something fishy is going on. Later on I spent a long time with Dave, talking over old and new events in the Grove.



YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have stopped by the Collection and picked up a Maserati.

March 02, 2015 11:10 AM  
Blogger rafael gutierrez said...

you're a likeable grovite! you forgot to pic up the your free poster...

March 02, 2015 3:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You just have a trustworthy face!

March 02, 2015 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only carrying around $100 bills these days, Tom? Good for you!

March 03, 2015 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home