HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Cheri Kudja creates cute, little Bitti Bots

The St. Stephen's Art Show and  Coconut Grove Arts Festival are February 14-16, 2015. We'll be profiling some of the artists who are participating this year. Today, Cheri Kudja is featured, she will be showing at the St. Stephen's Art Show.




I think I found one of my favorite artists who will be featured at this year's St. Stephen's Art Show. I love the whimsical, colorful work of Cheri Kudja. Cheri creates these little clever sculptures out of vintage tins and other recycled objects. She calls them "Bitti Bots."

This will be Cheri's third year at the St. Stephen's Art Show.

"I love this show! Love the show, love the church, love the artists and love the crowds. These show coordinators really take care of the artists," said Cheri.

She does the Florida circuit, having shown her work at Disney's Festival of the Masters, the Delray Affair, Art Deco Weekend, South Miami Rotary, Chamber South, Mayfaire on the Lake, all the Las Olas shows, Key Biscayne, Odd Duck, just to name a few. 

She won the Festival Favorite at the Walt Disney Festival of the Masters, a purchase award at the Walt Disney Festival of the Masters, 2nd and 3rd place at St Stephens the last two years, 1st place at the Delray Affair. 

"It's always  fun to be in the Grove. I've been visiting the Grove regularly for 25 plus years for dinner and shopping. I've attended both the Coconut Grove and St. Stephens shows for 25 plus years as well," says Cheri.  


One of her favorites, named Wissot, is now at his new home in Russia, which is ironic since most of the parts used to make him are from Russia. That's Wissot, above, right.


Cheri Kudja
Cheri has been making found object robots for about four years now. It started as a school project with one of her daughters, but it has quickly her passion. "My daughter had to make a found object sculpture out of 100 found objects. We found some Altoid  tins, lug nuts, spark plugs and an assortment of hardware and we created a little devil robot out of it. She got an A and I started using all my collectible tins and found objects to make more robots for family and friends. Then family and friends wanted me to make them for their family and friends and really encouraged me to participate in art shows. The rest has been three full years now of participating in art shows," she says.


"The thought of one of my little creations adorning a shelf, a desk, a kids room, etc., or being given as a gift, gives me great joy as I'm giving a part of me with each little creation. I enjoy making each one of these little Bitti Bots! I love to tinker with small found objects, hardware & jewelry scraps. I'm often spotted jumping out of cars picking up spark plugs and lug nuts as most of my creations contain 90% of recycled or upcycled items. My friends & family now understand I'm not just a pack rat, or crazy, I actually use the stuff I find to create something. I just love, love, love robots! The more the merrier. I find each one incredibly adorable, unique in design and personality," says Cheri.

If you can't wait to see Cheri and her art, you can check her out at her Facebook page here: 
facebook.com/BittiBots

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home