HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

My favorite thing of the week

This is my new favorite thing, the Affogato al Coffee at Bianco, the gelato store on Commodore Plaza. It's sort of a coffee float but it's not really. It's three scoops of gelato with espresso poured over it. I like the chocolate gelato, I haven't tried it with any other flavor. I've been going back daily for it, it's sort of addicting like a Starbucks fix.

They put a lot of gelato in the cup, which is very generous, but for it to work, I really think you need just one or two scoops of gelato and the one cup of coffee and the portions work out perfectly then. So maybe eat the top scoop and then pour the coffee over the rest.


I don't like coffee ice cream but there is something about the hot espresso mixed with the frozen chocolate gelato that is just perfect. I can't remember the price, I think it is $7 or $7.50 each, so it can get pricey having it daily. But so far, that's what I've been doing.

Now for a smaller version, this is something nice that they do; when you order espresso, you receive one scoop of gelato, that's how it's served. I have the chocolate again, as you see here, but you can get any flavor. You can then put the gelato into the cup of coffee and get the same Affogato-type thing, only smaller. The espresso is $2.50, which includes the scoop of gelato.



YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home