HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A business by any other name

I find it funny when locals call restaurants by the owners' names, but they do.

The other day a friend asked me to meet him at Olav's. He meant The Grove Spot. Yesterday a friend told me he at at Sylvano's, which is Greenstreet or Lulu, I often call the Blond Bistro and Blond Tulip Pearl's, because Pearl owns them.

When I go to the Coconut Grove Arts Festival Gallery, I call it Monty's. I'm going to Monty's, and I don't mean the restaurant.

Then of course, we go to Timo's, but since it's named after Timo, it works out ok.

It happens almost daily. Listen for it.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.