HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, August 11, 2011

I still am not a fan of the Miami Parking Authority

The Miami Parking Authority is quite rude in Coconut Grove, I get complaints all the time and of course the biggest complaint is that the meters don't work, that I know for a fact, they never seem to work for me.

A couple of weeks ago, I was downtown near the Seabold building, I think that is on 1st Avenue near Flagler, I was waiting outside for friends. I was watching a guy from the Miami Parking Authority in a truck. He was going up to people, who were in cars, waiting at the curb and he was telling the people that they could not park there, that is was a no parking zone. The people would then drive off to find a legal parking spot. He was very polite and professional, nothing like we see in the Grove.

In the Grove they hover, they are ready to pounce. I have seen the Grove's Parking Authority people wait for people to leave their cars and then swarm in to ticket them, very unlike the nice Parking Authority guy downtown who actually warned the people, rather than wait for them to leave and ticket them.

I have my suspicions of why they are so nasty and money grubbing in the Grove, it has to do with funding the Grove. But no matter how much funding the Grove receives, until we fix the parking situation here, people will not visit.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.