HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The mutual embarrassment society

There's this guy who worked at a Grove restaurant for awhile, before that, I don't think he had a job, I would give him money once in awhile when he asked for it.

He then was hired by the restaurant to do odd jobs and deliver food, and he didn't ask for money anymore, so it must have been working out for him in the way of him being able to afford to live, but now he has been let go by the restaurant. He told me he was fired last week while he was hitting me up for money again, so I gave him some, but now the embarrassing part -- I have seen him under the Metrorail bridge at 27th Avenue, begging for money at the stop light.

I have seen him more than once, I avoid that area now because I don't want to embarrass him. So now I go the long way around, through 32nd Avenue when I want to go to Publix. I think he avoids me, too, though, because I've waved other times when I've seen him walking around the Grove but he probably feels he owes me the money, so he doesn't wave back and he looks the other way. I don't care about the money, he can keep it. So it's a sort of mutual embarrassment thing going on.

I don't know why the restaurant let him go, maybe they couldn't afford him, but maybe he can just work for tips, you know, when doing deliveries.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.