HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dressing up the Information Booth

info2
When you pass the center of town today, you'll notice that the Information Booth in front of CocoWalk has some new signage. I covered four events last night, including the sign hanging, which you would think is like watching paint dry, but it was actually a lot of fun and of all the events last night, my favorite one. Ron Carrier, shown here, along with Eileen Seitz, the artist who painted the info booth and the signs, and I, all had a good time putting up the signs. They actually hung the signs, I stood around, took pictures and kibitzed.

info1
Signs cover all four sides of the booths, here Eileen holds one of the signs, while Ron brands the Grove with the other. It may seem funny, but a couple of years back, I had a tourist who was standing right across the street ask me where Coconut Grove was. Now people will know that they are right in the center of the Grove. Eileen says it reminds her of a little train depot. But it is home to the Gray Line bus ambassadors, so there is also a Gray Line sign and logo on one side.

info3
I like the international symbol of the letter "I" which indicates information, being added to one side of the info booths. I thought that since the Grapevine disseminates information, I should walk around with this on my head. Maybe not.

The good news is that Eileen is almost ready to start painting the two other info booths -- the one across from Lulu and the one at McDonald Street, by the post office. She showed me a couple of color schemes and they really will dress up the areas, just like the first booth did for the center of town.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.