HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Where am I?

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but this topic is just so funny.

The other day a few of us were out for lunch and I spied three separate tourists with maps, trying to find their way around the Grove as the Information Booths stood empty.

I asked this one dude, Khaled, what he was looking for. He pointed to large words, "Coconut Grove" printed in the center of his map. He wanted to know where Coconut Grove was. I told him he was standing right in the center of it. Then he asked where the waterfront was. I showed him.

One of my friends who was with me joked that if the Information Booth was occupied, the attendant would probably have had to run to get her map to tell him where Coconut Grove was.

This morning Sylvia was stopped in front of the booth by a guy named Victor, he was upset that the booth was empty and he needed info. He wanted to know where the Mayfair Hotel was, she pointed him in the right direction and he was on his way, another frustrated tourist.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you saying that you actually saw 3 tourists in the grove? On the same day?

I find that hard to believe.

March 12, 2008 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sent the editor of the Herald a note with copies of all the blogs & reactions so that they might run a story on the amazing waste of money.

Has anyone else done anything? I would be interested in seeing (1) what has anyone done and (2) of course... did anyone in the government respond?

For the record, the Herald hasn't said anything.

March 12, 2008 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about beating that dead horse, Grapevine. This has the potential for endless amusement.

March 12, 2008 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grovite1

As the tourist buses stop right in front of the Art gallery. I would be happy to open up earlier if the city would just provide me with a third of what one booth cost, and I know the Grove better than most of it's new residents. My e mail Grovite1 and proud to be one.

March 12, 2008 12:40 PM  
Blogger SteveBM said...

When is anyone even in those booths? Ive walked by during the week and on weekends and Ive never seen anyone in them. All those things do is take up space on the sidewalk. What a waste.

March 12, 2008 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why are they empty now? are they training them?

March 13, 2008 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That $$$ could have been used to save Saint Alban's! It could have been used to build 3, yes THREE affordable houses! Isn't the first step towards reducing crime to provide adequate education and adequate housing? I told you all that if elected, Sarnoff was going to make an even bigger mockery out of our city government - I just didn't realize I would be proven correct so quickly!!

March 13, 2008 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you could be build 3 affordable houses for what those kiosks costs, then do it.

March 14, 2008 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home