HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

We need young blood around here

I've been covering a lot of events where younger people have been lately, like the World Cup viewing parties in local bars and other events and I am always amazed that they know who I am or that they tell me they read the Grapevine daily, so I am quite surprised that a lot of them don't try to get involved in Grove projects or events since they are reading about them here.

It would really be nice if some of these college kids and others of that age bracket got involved in Grove events. I know that Glenn Terry often says the King Mango Strut needs new blood, but so does everything in the Grove.

Lately I have seen more and more younger people around. It could be that the Grove is finally changing and more people are here and it would be great to have some of this young blood on committees and groups in the Grove. How about the Bed Race commitee or the Chamber of Commerce or the Merchant's Group?

Stephen Murray, is a UM student and on the Village Council. This is what we need more of in Coconut Grove. I have had some of these students ask me how they can get involved, I tell them, but they never make the move to actually get involved. If anyone is interested in getting involved in any of the Grove activities, I mean, even simply sitting at a Village Council meeting in the back row and just observing, please just do it. Email us if you need info on specific events or meeting dates.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.