HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, December 28, 2009

A sea of purple was the theme of the day

strut8
So yesterday's best unit in the King Mango Strut had to be the Coconut Grove Gripe Vine, even if I do say so myself. I actually had nothing to do it, it was all a pleasant surprise.

I like to call it "AnnaMaria Knows Best" or "Leave it to AnnaMaria," since AnnaMaria Windisch-Hunt came up with the whole concept and so many clever ideas, like the "Anonymous" people with bags over their heads and signs that said, "Center Grove Mafia member, please raise your hands . . ." That's Rafael Gutierrez above, one of the great grape bunch, with AnnaMaria.

strut5
Issa, left, and Alexis, right, carried the Gripe Vine banner.

strut2
So many people I know and love were part of the group. Here is Garland on the Grape Escape bike, Louis Del Borrello as a bunch of grapes and Ellen, our town clairvoyant, as the Queen of the Grapes.

strut4
Jessica came all the way down from Fort Lauderdale to strut.

strut7
Twins Kianosh (3 am) and Arman (5 am) Kremer, were so funny as the battling bar closing times. They would hit each other over the head with purple balloons yelling, "3 am, or "5 am," respectively. Michelle Niemeyer, looked pretty in purple.

strut6
Here are the twins battling it out on Main Highway as they made their way down the parade route. Rosie Brown was another bunch of grapes and her husband (not shown) went around with one of the "Anonymous" signs.

strut3
Two of my favorite girls, Karen Deilke and Trina Collins had the best ride in the house, in the back of Sandy Pukel's orange Beatle Bug convertible, which led the purple paraders. Liz Gibson, right, is always part of the fun, she even died her hair purple for the occasion.

strut1
Louis Del Borrello and Jerry Wade carried a couple of dubious signs. I think Jerry's is supposed to be turned around to read some Grape Vine-related message. Theresa Calluori, carried an anti-Parking Authority-related sign.

I'm really pleased and happy to say I was wrong in my apprehension. It made me smile the whole time. It was all so cleverly done. I was honored to have the Grapevine be the subject of this great purple brigade. Everyone who was a part of it did a tremendous job.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

9 Comments:

Anonymous LILI DONES said...

Sorry I could not be there! looks like it was a lot fun.

December 28, 2009 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The group leader said the "P.S. I love you" sign was meant for Marc Sarnoff. You took a different spin on it and made it look like the Gripe Vine loves you. I guess you didn't read the other side of the sign.

December 28, 2009 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle's sign-who is she at war with? Very cute bunch of grapes

December 28, 2009 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot the "May God Bless Papa Sarnoff" sign.. Cool day. CI

December 28, 2009 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the spoof was a great tribute and very flattering to this blog site. The CoconutGroveGrapevine Blog should be honored.

December 28, 2009 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Michelle Niemeyer said...

Anon 2:59, I make a point of always putting my name with my comments. Although I really don't have a problem with people who say something nice anonymously, I have a big problem with people who are mean, nasty, and downright evil and say things they would never say if people knew who they were, while hiding behind "Anonymous." I and some of my friends refer to the anonymous lynch mob as "The Anonymi." Hence, the sign.

December 28, 2009 5:55 PM  
Anonymous sürücü kursu said...

very good photos... :)

December 29, 2009 4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Franly I have a problem with people who even sign their names and demean others becaue they have a different opinion. Signing your name does not mean that you can attack others.

December 29, 2009 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Jobie said...

You'll notice that in the last few weeks enough of you good folks rejected the crude vulgar comments, anons or named and they went back under their flat rocks.

December 29, 2009 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home