HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Perpetuating the myth

A couple just came up to me on Matilda Street, by the school. He asked if I knew the area well, I told him yes, he then asked if I knew where the cemetery was where the Michael Jackson video was filmed.

I didn't know how to respond. I didn't want to ruin their fun, so I gave them directions and told them that many believe it was a myth. They didn't care, they went off to the Grove's newest tourist attraction.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought journalists looked to the truth. Why would you do this? I read the comments from yesterday... you did not perpetuate the myth... you lied; out and out. Not too cool.

June 28, 2009 3:24 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

I still believe it was filmed there, just because the New Times says it isn't so, does not mean it isn't so.

And I told the tourists it is believed to be a myth. How did I lie? They said they didn't care if it was a myth, they still wanted to see it.

Channel 4, the Miami Herald, local historians and most national media believe it was filmed in the Grove, how am I a liar?

And next time you want to call me a liar, have the balls to sign your name. Thanks.

June 28, 2009 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you are a liar (for what it's worth).

June 28, 2009 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Channel 7 and others have been broadcasting live from there. They are saying that some of the background shots were done there. I think it's great let tourists go there! Does anyone really know the truth?

June 28, 2009 7:46 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

I think the part where they walk by is the Grove Cemetery and then the dance and the part where the ghouls are coming out of coffins was done in Calif. But for some reason, I do think the establishing shot was here.

June 28, 2009 7:50 PM  
Anonymous Gifted said...

Guys at the end of the day this is still a blog.
Secondly, so what? How can this hurt people, Tom did well with telling people it's a myth. That way "He I want to Coconut Grove in Miami, they have this cemetary there that is really cool/creepy and historic! Supposedly MJ made the Thriller video there"

lighten up

June 29, 2009 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home