HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, February 02, 2009

My restaurant jokes sometimes fall flat

My neighbor George (from George's in the Grove) caught me coming home with a sub from Casola's. He told me that if I wanted a sandwich, all I had to do was call him and he would bring it home with him from his restaurant.

I told him I wasn't always home that time of day but if he wanted to do that, I would just call him from where I was, like Jaguar or Cita's, and he could bring the sandwich there. He didn't like my joke.

At the Taste of the Grove, I ran into Monty Trainer. I had been looking for him, to discuss the Arts Festival ad (to the right). He was at the Monty's booth, eating shrimp. I said, "Monty, there you are, I was looking all over for you, I didn't know you would be at this booth eating this crap." He laughed and got the joke (Monty's eating Monty's and me putting it down like I didn't realize it was Monty at Monty's). Guess you had to be there.


The guys behind the counter didn't like the joke either. At least Monty gets me.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grape, you can't make everyone laugh, but you do keep us informed and many of us love you for it. Keep up the good work.

February 02, 2009 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaguar, has in my opinion, gone down hill - not a fan of the new menu.

February 03, 2009 10:10 AM  
Blogger SteveBM said...

Im not a big fan of the new menu at Jaguar either but I wouldnt say the quality has gone down at all. I cant believe they got rid of the best item on the menu, the Shrimp Trio. I think they replaced it with something that is kinda similar but I cant get excited about it as much as I did with the old one. The burger w/ chorizo is great and the ceviches and salads are still great too. Jaguar is probably the best overall restaurant in the Grove on a consistent basis.

February 03, 2009 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home