HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A quirky Grove day; or business as usual

I've been stopping by Paul's sunglasses kiosk a lot. If you stand there long enough, the whole Grove stops by. Whenever I'm looking for someone and can't reach them by phone, I hang around and soon enough they show up. I did that yesterday.

I also ended up at Stan's Farmer's Market. I have an agreement with Stan. He listens to me bitch and kvetch about his lack of service and high prices and in return he allows me to shop there to partake of the poor service and high prices.

I think he is getting the better end of the deal, but I'm addicted to his coconut water. So I sheepishly return every week.

I stopped in at Basil, across the street, for take-out. Guys, the empenadas are nice, but they aren't your famous cheese bread. One lady wanted hearts of palm. Roman told her they never had hearts of palm because they don't want to harm the palm trees. The lady didn't like or get the joke. She didn't like it either when I said, "Screw the hearts of palm, get more cheese bread in."

As I was circling around Basil and the Farmer's Market, looking for parking (that area is quite busy on Saturdays) I saw one of our ticket writing cop friends with a bunch of other cops on a stake out or drug bust or something, with drug sniffing dogs on leashes. As they went one way, a bunch of dudes on scooters rode the other, one message on the back of one of the scooter riders said, "F%$* the cops." Guess he was on the run. He was too fast for me to get a picture.

I stopped in at The Last Carrot and there was Ellen (who sometimes tells me to call her Virginia), doing Tarot Card readings. I tried to talk, but she shushed me and berated me for being a man and even more so for interrupting her seance or whatever it was. She didn't want me taking pictures either. But I did, that's her in action above.

She didn't want me to talk but it seemed to be ok for her to stop every once in awhile and chat. She asked about the photos I took of her and Petie at the Strut. I told her I put one of the photos in the slide show. Another is right here. But she doesn't go on line, so I am told to bring a print out to The Last Carrot and they'll get the photo to her. Will do.

She did tell me I am too old for her, after asking my age and my birth sign, although I assumed a good Tarot Card clairvoyant should know all that stuff already. She frowned and threw me out when I mentioned that. I will bring the photo by though, I told her with Petie's head cut off.

As I was driving home, one of my neighbors called me to tell me that one of my car's tires needed air. Now that's clairvoyant. I assume he saw it earlier in the day when the car was home. But who knows, after leaving Ellen, I was totally confused.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home