HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, January 02, 2009

The magazine solicitors

It turns out that the magazine solicitors that many have seen on their streets going door to door are legitimate. They have been checked out by the police and it is legal for them to be selling magazines.

For those who do not want to be bothered, the police advise putting up a "no trespassing" sign on the door. State statutes provide for trespassing violations and if they do approach your door, they will be in violation.

Seems a bit cruel. If they were white would anyone be complaining? Just asking.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had 2 guys at my house, both were white. I turned them both away. They are a bother. If I want magazines I'll go buy magazines myself.

January 02, 2009 2:06 PM  
Blogger Pogonip said...

I have two signs at my front door. I started with the "No Solicitors" sign, but you'd be amazed at how many people don't know that going door to door selling stuff is soliciting.

Because of the various missionaries that kept turning up and not considering themselves to be soliciting, I added a "No Biblethumpers" sign -- which has no words to confuse the illiterate, it's just a graphic, and it is effective. I got it from the people who do the Darwin fish, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster plaques - of course, I had to get a FSM, too.

January 02, 2009 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

?Didn't Commissioner Sarnoff outlaw all black folks in the Grove?

January 02, 2009 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The girl that came to my door was white and I am surprised Grape that you would even say something so racist. I don't want car washers, magazine salesman, or handy men coming to my door..... regardless of their ethnic background.

January 02, 2009 9:19 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

I know for a fact that every person that complained to the police and others complained about African American men.

Not one person called about a white girl soliciting magazines.

January 02, 2009 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When they were asked for a description of the sales people they probably gave an accurate description. I know I talked to the police and told them it was a white female. She entered our complex and I asked her thru the door to please leave the complex and she did not; she continued knocking on doors. It is small complex and I watched her continue to knock on doors knowing full well no one was probably home. I witnessed that.

January 03, 2009 7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeezz people, what's the big deal here with a few people pushing their wares or services?

Such fear and loathing...

January 10, 2009 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home