HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We have decided on a group for the King Mango Strut

The One Ear Society will be portraying Code Enforcement in the King Mango Strut this year. What we are going to do is play "I heard it through the Grapevine" on a boom box and parade around in uniforms with signs and citations, many citations.

The citations will have a city seal and say "Code Enforcement Citation" and then list a bunch of things with check boxes like:
$500 fine for breathing

$200 fine for scratching your head
$100 fine for looking me right in the eye, and things like that.

If you would like to be part of our group, please email me.

I brought the job over to the UPS store this morning to get the citations printed up. I saw Glenn Terry, Mr. Strut, on his bike as I left, he was in Center Grove surveying his Strut domain I guess. Speaking of which, The New Times called me yesterday to talk about the Strut. Why me? I don't know. I told them Glenn was the man to speak with.

But she interviewed me anyway and I guess the Strut story will be out this Thursday.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was the parking tickets you wanted to target; like the meter maids...

December 23, 2008 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is the link: http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2008/12/last_year_for_king_mango_strut_1.php

December 23, 2008 6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did the Meter Maids a couple of years back
check out the official King Mango Strut web site
you'll see them. It was the One Ear Society who
spoofed them.

December 26, 2008 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home