HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Comfort food

I found my comfort food at Focaccia Rustica (3411 Grand Avenue). I am addicted to their lamb chops. If you haven't tried them, you should. The soup pictured below is from another day. They don't have the chicken soup every day, but when they do, that with the lamb chops is a perfect lunch. Today they have a broccoli soup.

I think a lot of people needed to get out after being house bound. Every place I passed was packed for lunch. Every table was taken at Focaccia when I arrived, as well. Could be their Miami Spice specials, too.

But now that I had my lamb chops, all is right with the world again.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

11 Comments:

Blogger SteveBM said...

Chops look pretty good but damn Grape if I ate that for lunch I'd be asleep an hour later! I will have to try these chops soon. I gotta say though, you really gotta head over to Cita's sometime. I know you love Foccacia (As do I and I was one of the people who turned you on to them) but Cita's food is fantastic.

August 19, 2008 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Those look exactly like the lambchops I had almost every night(they were that good) when I was in Siena,Italy. I'm looking forward to checking them out next trip to Miami. Glad to see the storm wasnt tooo bad.

August 19, 2008 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your food shots are improving

August 19, 2008 6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to have those lamb chops with some garlic smashed potatoes - any chance?

August 19, 2008 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy there u go again......

August 20, 2008 6:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I went to Cita's and while I agree that they are a welcome addition to the Grove, I don't think their prices are justified.
I LOVE meatballs (I am an Italian American and make a mean meatball myself). But what they charge for a paltry (mediocre) meatball appetizer is way out of line.
I could make 2 dozen for that price. Again, I welcome them wholeheartedly, but let's put their prices into perspective. The meatball appetizer at Randazzo's is far superior.
My fiance agrees and both of our grandparents immigrated from Italy...

August 20, 2008 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah but Cita's is real restaurant, with restaurant fab experience, one is pact the other is constantly empty

August 21, 2008 3:16 AM  
Blogger SteveBM said...

Sure, the prices are more expensive but the quality of ingredients justifies the price. There are plenty of restaurants where Ive had a meal and felt the price didnt justify the mediocre food. Cita's isnt one of them. But everyone is different. Try the scallop app next time. Its delicious.

August 21, 2008 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at Cita's you will find the cuts of beef that you would not find anywhere else in town, cuts and quality that is unbelievable, service is immaculate, owners are fine people, never owned the restaurant before but they know what they like and they deliver every single night. These people are not shopping at BJ's and Costco for lamb chops and ground beef. I mean Cita's is restaurant for real.

August 21, 2008 2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After spending about 1 hr looking at all the different menus from the restaurants that are part of the Miami Spice, my husband and I decided to take a rather picky client to Foccacia Rustica for dinner, being that they had the best menu by far. Well, I must say that we were extremely delighted, the food was superb, great service and good wine. Kudos to the Chef (Daniel Aguilera).

August 23, 2008 4:18 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

the goat cheese and balsamic vinegar and chicken sandwich is amazing!

August 25, 2008 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home