HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am

I wanted to step in here before a race war or whatever it is called starts. There are some nasty comments starting on the post I did about Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.

First off, I am not anti-Cuban, I am anti-Ileana and anti-Diaz-Balart. I love Cuba, love Cubans and devour Cuban food whenever I can. I have lived in Miami most of my life, so if I was anti-Cuban I think I would have been long gone by now.

If the post was taken wrong, I apologize, but the way I see it, the three politicians mentioned have not really don't much for the county or city or even the state or country. They all have their own agenda, which all politicians do, but I just find that their agenda resides outside the US.

If I am wrong, you can tell me. The comment section is right below.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Cuban and I don't see the previous post as anti-Cuban at all. I would never vote for Lincoln, Ileana or Anette Tadeo at all, even if two of them are Cuban. I think Tadeo is Colombian, I would not vote for her if my life depended on it... and I love Colombia.

It is not racist (or "country-ist") if it specifically singles out people.

People who are playing the race and or origin card are being facetious about it.

June 10, 2008 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with the Grape on this one. My gripe about the three chimps has zero to do with their being Cuban and everything to do with the fact that they have voted in lock-step with Dubya and the red state rubes to give us a 3 trillion dollar unwinnable war, 4 dollar gas and a reputation as a global pariah.
And another thing. You can put your Starbucks in the place where the sun don't shine...I'll have a cafe con leche.

June 10, 2008 1:30 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

You are not wrong.

It's an old tactic of the Cuban demagogues (actually demagogues of any identity politics group) to accuse critics of being anti-XXXX.

Nobody made them representative of all Cubans or Cubans, and a criticism of them is not hate for a group they barely "represent", since they are more interested in representing themselves.

But the ugliness runs both ways, the people who will accuse you of being anti-Cuban and the xenophobes who babble about "Cuban colonies".

Pay both no mind and carry on.

June 10, 2008 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are thousands of Cubans who are anti Ros-Lehtinen and Diaz-Balarts.

They don't congregate at Versailles waving signs, but they do exist.

Just wait until election day when all three get ousted.

June 13, 2008 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home