HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, June 27, 2008

Enough talk, lets patronize local businesses

I ran into Victor from Qdoba on the street yesterday. He says that management closed Qdoba on weekends due to very slow business.

I also ran into my friend Louis the other day, in Qdoba, ironically and he says that if all the people who commented on
this post went into Qdoba on the weekends, they might be still open on weekends.

True that.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely wrong approach.

Businesses are here to make money off us. Often, in businesses like fast food, they make 50%, 60% direct margin, which is fine.

However, businesses are not a charity case.

If they don't take the trouble to cater to our tastes, it's their problem, not ours.

If local businesses want us to patronize them (and why wouldn't they, the 33133, 33134 and 33146 zips are among the wealthiest in Florida) they should make the extra effort to attract us, not treat the entire thing as a religious crusade.

If QDoba wants my business, let them offer me the right merchandise, at the right price, at the right moment.

In that sense, for example, Home Depot in the Grove is hitting all the right buttons. It has the merchandise I want, at the price I want and they are open at almost any time i care to go.

Victor is there to make money off me. Let him cater to my needs, not me to his.

June 27, 2008 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard to patronize a store that is closed. They had only been open a couple of months before they made that decision. Someone said they were also closed weekends in the Gavles - is that true?

June 27, 2008 6:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I happen to really like Qdoba. However, a few times that I tried to go to the one in the grove there was a very strong & foul odor inside. I don't know if they are doing construction nearby or what, but it did not make me want to eat there.

I know for certain I am not the only one to notice it because I've talked to a few other people who have said the same thing. So, if Victor reads this blog I would really like to know what it was. And, that it is gone.

June 27, 2008 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home