HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, March 03, 2008

Miami Goodwill, no . . . not that one

Three of us were talking about these new black "info booths". I finally saw someone in there. When I saw her, she had on a terracotta colored shirt. My friend saw a guy in there with a blue shirt and she says that the blue shirt said "Miami Goodwill". When one of the guys entered her store with the shirt on she didn't know if he was collecting for Goodwill, the charity, or if he had the shirt donated to him from Goodwill. He then told her he worked in the booth.

I laughed at that. I have been driving around with a bag full of clothing in my car looking for one of those donation trucks. There used to be one by EZ Kwik on 27th Avenue, but it's gone now. If I saw the guy in the blue shirt, I might have given him the whole bag, thinking he was from Goodwill, too.

So anyway, I did my little test -- you know, trying to see if the info person knew any info. Come back tomorrow for the results. It's a riot.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to visit the Grove on Saturday for a firsthand view of the empty kiosk!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elisabethp/2305610909/

March 03, 2008 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one at McDonald on Grand Ave. what a waste!! What are their instructions "don't go beyond this point"

March 03, 2008 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Utterly charmless ... are they leftovers from the Berlin Wall?

March 03, 2008 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much will it cost annually to cool this heat absorbing metal and glass structures all summer?

March 03, 2008 11:27 PM  
Blogger SteveBM said...

Just give your clothes to the homeless in the area. I always give mine to the people who dig thru my trash. This way they have a chance at being used and I get to see them wearing my second hand gear around lol.

March 04, 2008 12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Sarnoff should be brought to justice for this one. They are just stupid who is going to to go there and ask the question plus 100K a year in operating funds, salary, electric bills, etc.
He should have those fat doughnut eating police officers inside. That should make some more sense.

March 04, 2008 7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, the "Goodwill" part comes from the "Goodwill Ambassadors" of the city of miami. Weve used them several times for Art Basel events. They are basically city employees doing a little volunteer time.

March 04, 2008 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home